PAVE is a resource that works to help incoming students at MSU so that they are not lost or bombarded with this new experience. PAVE advisors are available to their peers and hope to provide new students with everything from resources for finances, academic support, & family activities, to restaurants, bus schedules & building locations.
Become a Peer Advisor
If you’re interested in helping other veterans, consider joining the advising team. It’s an excellent way to build your resume while helping other vets, and the time commitment is very small. Complete the application below to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Complete initial training sessions
- Coordinate time to call or meet with student veterans
- provide informal support to student veterans to increase awareness of resources available
- refer student veterans to viable university, community, and government resources
- complete interaction logs
- increase campus awareness of the PAVE program and the needs of student veterans
- Complete initial training
- Attend optional group events and program recognition events
- Make a minimum of a two semester commitment to advising
- Reach out to your assigned students at least once per month
- Participate in scheduled calls or meetings with other Peer Advisors to share successes and discuss any challenges.
- Military service
- Good academic standing (3.0 or above GPA)
- Ability to work with others in a team setting
- Good interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Insight about transition challenges
- Ability to engage and motivate people from diverse backgrounds
To see more about the P.A.V.E program, visit their website at http://paveoncampus.org/
PAVE Advisors can log in here: https://pavetraining.org/accounts/login/